First Time Buyer Services Program
Buying a home for the first time is an experience intrinsically fraught with both anxiety and excitement. It usually marks the end of one of life’s phases, requires a major sum of cash upfront, a good job, and a long-term commitment to monthly mortgage payments. Welcome to the American Dream.
We understand the anxiety inherent in purchasing your first home (especially when it’s a co-op or condo in Manhattan). It has a lot to do with the simple fact that this will be a purchase you’ve never shopped for before and one that cannot be replaced or exchanged as easily as a sound system or a BMW.
We also understand that the purchase is a major emotional, financial, legal process that requires sound advice from professionals, and often the additional approval and/or reassurance from family and friends.
Patrick Lilly Group’s First Time Buyer Program is unique and guides our customers through the whole process. We focus our efforts on the following steps:
- PRE-PURCHASE COUNSELING SESSION: We review all aspects of the search providing each prospective buyer an overview that gives first-time purchasers the comfort level of second and third time buyers.
- FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION: Working with skilled agents and mortgage brokers, our first time buyers are pre-qualified for both condominium and co-op buildings.
- NEIGHBORHOOD EDUCATION: Manhattan is a borough of many neighborhoods and each has its own distinctive architectural style and personality. We will help you choose the right one for you.
- PRE-SCREENED APARTMENTS APPEALING TO OUR YOUNGER BUYERS: We won’t waste your time showing you buildings that may require too much cash down or other assets.
- ADVICE ON SELECTING AN ATTORNEY: An experienced, patient, but quick-moving lawyer can move an acceptance to signed contract smoothly; who is in New York and does 300 – 500 real estate transactions per year. They should charge a fixed fee between $1500 and $5000.
- PRACTICE COMPLETING A CO-OP BOARD APPLICATION: Preparing an attractive and acceptable board package is one of the most time consuming and important steps in purchasing a co-op. Our guidance makes this a smooth, less annoying undertaking.
- CONCIERGE SERVICE: We won’t abandon you at the closing. Our concierge can assist with hooking up the utilities, getting a mover, etc. Our customers become our neighbors and friends.
For information on how to sign up for Patrick Lilly Group’s First Time Buyer Program, please call us at (212) 941-2551.